Principal Engineer – Enterprise Solution
Celegence is looking for a Principal Engineer to support Enterprise Solution development for Regulatory Intelligence in Bangalore, India.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary technical developer in building on the solution platform
- Gather business requirements, evaluate, and prototype alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution
- Determine how to satisfy these requirements using the Platform’s SDK and services.
- Contribute to product direction by sharing emerging trends in the marketplace
- Work with the broader development partner ecosystem and represent our organization
- Learn and build proof of concept demonstrations that can be utilised to showcase different platform capabilities.
- Be a founding member of a small but powerful team to define, build and scale processes
- Learn platform SDKs and Services working with technical team members and train internal resources on technical aspects
- Test platform solution against user requirements and provide technical suggestion
- Define coding standards and ensure these are followed as part of the solution development
- Meet quality standards and related processes for solution platform
- Maintain technical development environment and code version controls
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Relevant certification like TOGAF is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software design and development
- 1 or more years of experience with process orchestration
- Hands on experience in AWS and Box platform and cloud based application development is a plus
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with the Life Sciences Industry, preferably Regulatory Affairs is a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in coding to Representational State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), using at least one or more of the following: JSON, Python, Java, .net
- Experience in writing extensive unit tests using automated Test Driven Development using Junit, Karma, Jasmine or Protractor
- Knowledge of SPRING, Apache Camel framework
- Ability to translate complicated business requirements into multiple solution options and explain the pros/cons of various approaches
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Design Patterns and use cases for applying them
- Good understanding of enterprise application development frameworks, Architectural experience, Application or Technology
- Experience in developing against API for cross functional requirements. (VMWare, EMC, Azure, AWS, Box)
- Knowledge of SQL, MongoDB, other RDBMS databases
- Architectural artefact creation Visio, PowerPoint, etc
- Experience in leading projects. Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills, strategic thinking, & problem solving skills
- Proficient communication skills