Celegence is looking for a technical architect to support our Regulatory Affairs platform development strategy in Bangalore, India.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with application development teams, understand the functional requirements of the end applications and arrive at the functionality requirement for the platform
- Stay updated on the latest trends/ technologies for cloud enablement and PaaS and evaluate the platform capabilities vis-à-vis the trends; plan the road map to incorporate the required functionality
- Will be involved in research, architecture, design, development, testing, benchmarking and coordination with associated group(s)
- Responsible for right design and development of multi-tiered, distributed architecture, scalable applications in a client-server / web environment
- Provides knowledge leadership in relevant research areas, technology tools & standards and architectural governance. Provides guidance to project teams regarding guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
- Technical assessment (e.g. platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies, uptime/availability, business processes)
- Drive the technical strategy and lead team(s) in meeting the strategic objectives. Foster high performing technical teams. Identify and recruit technical leaders into the organization
- Designs complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, and directly supervises the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components
- Support and create a standard Framework for development projects, Common Library of re-usable components.
- Directives and Framework to consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Participate in critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas. the deliverable.
- Complete training provided by Client, and regular self-training; archive training certificates/records.
- Assist and support internal audits performed by Client.
- Support implementation of Regulatory Affairs systems as per Client or Partner projects.
- Understands and will abide by ISMS policy and processes of the company.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Masters preferred
- Relevant certification like TOGAF is a plus
- 12-15 years of software development experience using traditional software development life cycle methodologies (covering requirements, design, development, testing and Implementation of n-tier architecture)
- Familiar with the Life Sciences Industry, preferably Regulatory
- Extensive experience with object-oriented software development methodologies and practices. Strong in following technologies
- OOAD/OOPS/UML, Design Patterns, MVC, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Java, .NET / J2EE
- Exposure to JSP, JSF, java script library, Ajax and UI frameworks
- Exposure to component model design, SOA, open sources framework/tools
- Web Services, JMS, XML, SQL& Oracle
- Experience in developing platforms or frameworks, messaging frameworks, Enterprise application integration frameworks
- Experience in building cloud enabled applications/ platform would be an asset
- Experience in developing against API for cross functional requirements. (VMWare, EMC, Azure, AWS, Box)
- Familiar with Enterprise Application Architecture and Design for Content Management and Collaboration solution would be an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Must have exposed with Test Driven Development/Re-factoring ideas/ Domain driven design patterns/continuous integration/Build Automation / Data-Mapper framework/Mocks.
- Background in implementing n-tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and MVP/MVC architecture. Product conceptualization to realization.
- Must have Architected and Designed at least one Enterprise Class Application End to End
- Well versed with tools for: Refactoring, Unit Testing, Design, Data Modelling, Profiling, Benchmarking
- Excellent knowledge of the open source software/ tools/ technologies
Non Technical Skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills, strategic thinking, ability to influence others & problem resolving skills
- Able to work independently
- Fluent in English
- Good Communication (Writing and Verbal)
- Customer Focused
- Strong Time management
- Positive Attitude
- Initiative and Commitment
- Strong comprehension, analytical and problem solving skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Team player
- Focused and sincere